All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Taiwan Strait. The Korean War. Vietnam. The bombing of the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade. The Sino-U.S. aircraft collision incident. U.S.-China relations have witnessed significant tensions and conflict over the years.
- Author BiographyMichael D. Swaine is a senior associate in the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace's China Program. He has produced several seminal studies, which have expanded American and Chinese governmental officials' understanding of the Chinese military and its role in national security decision making, and Taiwan's national security decision-making process. Dr. Swaine spearheaded and currently co-directs a multi-year collaborative project on key aspects of Sino-American crisis management with a Beijing-based think tank. Dr. Swaine was named the first holder of the RAND Center for Asia Pacific Policy Chair, and also served as research director for the center. His most recent book is Managing Sino-American Crises: Case Studies and Analysis (Carnegie Endowment, 2006). He received a Ph.D. in government from Harvard University. Zhang Tuosheng is director of the research department and senior fellow at the China Foundation for International and Strategic Studies. Danielle F. S. Cohen was a junior fellow with the China Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace from 2005-2006. She is the author of Retracing the Triangle: China's Strategic Perceptions of Japan in the Post Cold-War Era/em> (Maryland Series in Contemporary Asian Studies, 2005).
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight41 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMichael D. Swaine,Tuosheng Zhang
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.