All listings for this product
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £21.79Trending at £28.28
- £15.72Trending at £17.35
- £18.66Trending at £18.92
- £15.72Trending at £15.99
- £26.73Trending at £39.94
- £16.77Trending at £26.99
- £17.29Trending at £19.93
About this product
- DescriptionShows how to make the rich information content of bi-temporal data available to business users, while simplifying the design, maintenance and retrieval of that data. This book integrates an enterprise-wide viewpoint with a strong conceptual model of temporal data management allowing for realistic implementation of database application development.
- Author BiographyDr. Tom Johnston is the Chief Scientist at Asserted Versioning, LLC, which has developed a middleware product which supports the standard theory of bitemporal data, and which also implements the Asserted Versioning extensions to that standard theory. He is the co-author of Managing Time in Relational Databases (Morgan-Kaufmann, 2010). He lives in Atlanta, Georgia. Randall Weis, founder and CEO of InBase, Inc, has more than 25 years of experience in IT and IT management, specializing in enterprise data architecture. Weis' technical expertise is in sophisticated, multi-tiered systems. He has designed logical and physical data models and implemented several high profile, very large database (VLDB) systems in the financial and insurance industries. These systems have had very stringent performance and real-time history requirements. His software development company, InBase, Inc., has developed software and Web sites used by some of the nations largest companies. Weis has been a presenter at various user groups, including Guide, Share, Midwest Database Users Group and Camp IT Expo. His technique for modeling history, retro activity and future dating has been reviewed and approved for the physical implementation of IBM's Insurance Application Architecture (IAA).
- Author(s)Randall Weis,Tom Johnston
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/07/2010
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Weight1020 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.