All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVisitor attractions represent a complex sector of the tourism industry and are the catalytic focus for the development of tourism infrastructure and services. This book tackles topics that include: the role and nature of visitor attractions; the development of visitor attraction provision; and, the management of visitor attractions.
- Author BiographyAlan is Reader in Tourism Management in the International Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Research, and Head of Research for the School of Services Management at Bournemouth University, UK. Alan has published widely with his areas of expertise spanning the management of attractions, heritage tourism and destination management. Alan has co-edited Managing Visitor Attractions: New Directions (2003) published by Butterworth Heinemann, while he has co-authored Tourism Marketing: A Collaborative Approach (2005) and the third edition of Tourism Principles and Practice (2005) published by Channel View and Prentice Hall respectively. Alan has recently completed a number of projects for external clients in the South West of England exploring suitable structures for emerging Destination Management Organisations and has conducted work in the Caribbean and Southern Africa for the Commonwealth Secretariat. Anna is Senior Lecturer in Tourism at Napier University, Edinburgh, UK. Her teaching and research interests combine and lie principally in the areas of heritage visitor attraction management, visitor attraction pricing and general conference management. She has also co-edited Managing Visitor Attractions: New Directions (2003) with Alan Fyall and Brian Garrod and Heritage Visitor Attractions: An Operations Management Perspective (1999) with Ian Yeoman. Anna has presented and published extensively in the field of visitor attraction management in both UK and international contexts. She is currently leading research in the School of Marketing & Tourism and the Centre for Festival and Event Management at Napier University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2008
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight688 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAlan Fyall,Anna Leask,Brian Garrod,Stephen Wanhill
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.81Trending at £44.99
- £40.97Trending at £44.64
- £12.27Trending at £15.18
- £8.24Trending at £10.00
- £4.93Trending at £7.98
- £16.20Trending at £18.99
- £56.77Trending at £60.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.