Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.79Trending at £10.15
- £9.99Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £23.72Trending at £24.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
About this product
- DescriptionDetails the traditional world of the Mandans. This book features overviews of how their households function, the makeup of their clan and moiety systems and kinship network, and a look at the Mandan life cycle, from birth and naming through adulthood, marriage, and death.
- Author BiographyAlfred W. Bowers (1901-1990) was a professor of anthropology and is the author of Hidatsa Social and Ceremonial Organization (Nebraska 1992). Gerard Baker, a Mandan-Hidatsa from the Fort Berthold Reservation, is the superintendent of the Lewis and Clark National Historical Trail and leader of the Corps of Discovery II, the Lewis and Clark bicentennial initiative sponsored by the National Park Service.
- Author(s)Alfred W. Bowers
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content Note41 illustrations, 2 maps, 4 tables, index
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Foreword byGerard Baker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.