Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £1.49+ £2.99 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by morven73
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRetired FBI agent Will Graham (William L. Petersen) returns to action to hunt down a serial killer by using his ability to get inside the psychopath's mind. However, it was this ability that drove him into retirement in the first place. The process of tracking and capturing the infamous Hannibal Lecter (Brian Cox) took a tremendous psychic toll on Graham, causing him to spent time in a mental hospital. With another madman on the loose, Graham has no choice but to return to duty, though he knows that it might cost him his family and his sanity.<BR>To get the old mindset back, Graham visits Hannibal Lecter in his high-security jail cell. However, the manipulative Lecter plays both sides and warns the new killer that Graham is on his trail, telling him to destroy Graham's family to protect himself. In order to save his own family, Graham must risk everything to once again enter into the mind of the criminally insane.<BR>With MANHUNTER, Mann raises the bar for serial killer films, imbuing his killer with an almost sympathetic quality while keeping him extremely menacing and clearly dangerous. Based on the Thomas Harris novel RED DRAGON, which serves as the prequel to THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, MANHUNTER is a masterpiece of gripping storytelling and psychological horror.
- Leading Role 1William L. Petersen
- Director 1Michael Mann
- Leading Role 2Joan Allen
- Leading Role 3Stephen Lang
- Additional Roles byChris Elliott,Kim Greist,Brian Cox,Dennis Farina,Tom Noonan,Brian Kelly
- ScreenwriterMichael Mann
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2001
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,Dutch,English,Finnish,German,Italian,Norwegian,Turkish
- Running Time115 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- peterh724010 Feb, 2011by
Genuinely creepy and very tense thriller based on the cult novel "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris. The FBI expert who caught murderous Hannibal Lecktor is brought in to hunt a new monster nicknamed The Tooth Fairy. Brian Cox is chilling as Lecktor, who manipulates evil from his prison cell.
- 1837steve11 May, 2008by
For me, this is a much better screen adaption of the Thomas Harris book, Red Dragon, later filmed as Silence Of Lambs. The casting of Brian Cox as Hannibal Lecter was simply inspired and the wonderfully creepy atmosphere throughout the movie is astonishing. William Peterson's performance of the troubled police officer persuaded to return to his job by a colleague is also one of the finest screen performances I have ever seen.
- 227005741@delet...09 Apr, 2008by
i wanted to see this film as it stared someone from csi which i am a fan. i have seen all the other hannibal films and was interested to see a different take on it. i dont know if it is because i am so used to hopkins playing hannibal but i was not to impressed by manhunter. i thought it dragged on a bit maybe a bit to long. it was interesting seeing an old story in a different way but i have to say i do like red dragon with hopkins better.
- 3593035@deleted15 Feb, 2008by
An under-rated classic, far better than Red Dragon
Manhunter is a superb film. Dark and disturbing. It doesn't have to rely on cheap scares the way Silence of the Lambs and all the newer Hannibal films do. Whereas they are all 'Hollywoody', Manhunter relies on great acting, a strong script and good cinematography. William L Petersen is wonderful as the disturbed profiler Will Graham, and as he always does - he gives a really subtle performance, rather than the OTT performances given in most of the new Hannibal movies. Brian Cox and Tom Noonan are perfect in the roles of the bad guys as well. Cox doesn't ham it up as Hannibal, like Sir Hopkins does. Manhunter is nicely shot - very moody and atmospheric. The soundtrack is also fantastic.
- alison100cool17 Jul, 2007by
I THINK THIS DVD DESERVES A EXCELLENT RATING. IT IS A MUST SEE FILM AND IT WILL NOT DISSAPOINT FROM START TO FINISH. IT IS WELL WORTH A WATCH AT LEAST ONE TIME. THERE ARE SO MANY POOR FILMS OUT THERE ITS HARD TO PICK A GOOD ONE. SO I HOPE THIS REVIEW HAS HELPED REMEMBER TO THE HELPED BOX BELOW THANKS.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.75Trending at £6.97
- £4.95Trending at £5.81
- £9.99Trending at £18.01
- £2.71Trending at £2.81
- £7.74Trending at £8.25
- £24.99Trending at £35.42
- £4.95Trending at £5.03