Consider these sponsored items
- £150.59Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplaining the process of human movement, this book gives a straightforward view of human anatomy and its relation to movement. It clearly identifies specific muscles and muscle groups and describes exercises for strengthening and developing those muscles.
- Author BiographyR.T. Floyd is in his thirty-second year of providing athletic training services for the University of West Alabama. Currently, he serves as Director of Sports Medicine and Athletic Training for the UWA Athletic Training & Sports Medicine Center, Program Director for the CAAHEP accredited athletic training education program, and as Chair and professor in the Department of Physical Education and Athletic Training. A licensed athletic trainer and emergency medical technician, Dr. Floyd is a certified member of numerous professional organizations including the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA), the National Strength and Conditioning Association, and the Athletic Equipment Managers' Association. He also retains active membership in the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine, and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. He represents the Southeast Athletic Trainers Association (SEATA) and District IX of the NATA as District Director to the NATA Board of Directors. He also serves as Member Development Chair on the NATA Research and Education Foundation Board of Directors. Floyd has served as the Head Athletic Trainer for the Blue-Gray All-Star Football Classic in his native Montgomery for 25 years, after spending two years on the annual event's athletic training staff. He is a 1974 graduate of Lowndes Academy, where he worked as an all-sports athletic trainer for four years, before earning a B.S. and M.A.T. in Physical Education from UWA in 1980 and 1982, as well as an Ed.D. in Human Performance Studies from the University of Alabama in 1995. Floyd was named to the UWA Athletic Hall of Fame in 2001, the Alabama Athletic Trainers' Association Hall of Fame in 2004, and tabbed an Outstanding Young Men of America in 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1986. He was presented the Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award by the NATA in 2003 and received the organization's Service Award in 1996. He received the District IX Award for Outstanding Contribution to the field of Athletic Training by SEATA in 1990 and the organization's highest award, the Award of Merit, in 2001. In 2004, he was inducted into the Alabama Athletic Trainers' Association Hall of Fame. He was named to Who's Who Among America's Teachers in 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2005. In 1996 he was presented the UWA Achievement Award by the University of West Alabama National Alumni Association. In 1997, the UWA Faculty and Board of Trustees recognized Floyd for outstanding achievement in scholarship, teaching, and leadership by presenting him with a Loraine McIlwain Bell Trustee Professorship. Previously, Floyd served as President of the UWA Faculty Senate and completed two terms as President of the Alabama Council of University Faculty Presidents.
- Author(s)Clem W. Thompson,R. T. Floyd
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight823 g
- Width226 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement19th edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.