All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Many Lives of the Batman (1991) was a pioneer within cultural and comic book scholarship. This fresh new sequel retains the best of the original chapters but also includes images, new chapters and new contributions from the Batman writers and editors. Spanning 75 years and multiple incarnations, this is the definitive history of Batman.
- Author BiographyRoberta Pearson is Professor of Film and Television Studies at the University of Nottingham, UK. She is the co-author of Star Trek and American Television (2014), editor of Reading Lost: Perspectives on a hit television show (2009) and co-editor of Storytelling in the Media Convergence Age: Exploring Screen Narratives (2015), among other titles. William Uricchio is Professor of Comparative Media Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA. He is the author of We Europeans? Media, Representations, Identity (2008) and Media, Simultaneity, Convergence: Culture and Technology in an Age of Intermediality (1997) and co-editor of Media Cultures (2006) and Reframing Culture: The Case of the Vitagraph Quality Films (1993). Will Brooker is Professor of Film and Cultural Studies at Kingston University, UK. He is the author of Batman Unmasked: Analyzing a Cultural Icon (2000), Using the Force: Creativity, Community and Star Wars Fans (2002) and Hunting the Dark Knight: Twenty-First Century Batman (2012), among other titles.
- Author(s)Roberta E. Pearson,Will Brooker,William Uricchio
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication17/08/2015
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1991
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Note248 p.
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2015
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £8.00
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.