Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.26Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- Author(s)B. Michael Frolic
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/1981
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight431 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction Thousand-Dollar Pig A May 7 Cadres School in Henan A Foot of Mud and a Pile of Shit Change in a Northern Village Chairman Mao's Letter to Li City Girl in the Countryside Oil Man Twenty Years of Oil Exploration Down with Stinking Intellectuals The Revolution at A moy University Little Brother's Wedding Tradition in the Countryside Return to the Motherland Searching for Roots in China Eating Pears in Fuzhou Privilege, the Army, and Controls Frontier Town Life Among the Tibetans Kill the Chickens To Scare the Monkeys The Cultural Revolution in a Peking Office The One Whose Girlfriend Turned Him In A Political Mistake That Cost a Career Rubber Man The Army Grows Rubber on Hainan Island The One Who Loved Dog Meat How a Bad Element Survived for Twenty-Five Years My Neighborhood City Life and the Residents' Committee The Apprentice Production and Politics in a Wuhan Factory Flying Kites on White Cloud Mountain China's Youth at the Center of Change Notes
- Author BiographyMr. Frolic has lived and traveled extensively in China, bringing his training as a political scientist to the Canadian diplomatic service. He provides introductions and notes that set each story in a sociopolitical context. He is Professor of Political Science, York University, Toronto.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.