Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.36Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- Author(s)Rufus Harvey Sargent
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Content Note120, 20 black & white illustrations, 15 colour illustrations, 50 black & white halftones, 35 colour illustrations, 15 maps
- Weight817 g
- Width230 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJan Cigliano Hartman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsForeword by Blue Hill Public Library Prologue by Robert M. Sargent 1 Childhood in Sedgwick, 1875-1889 2 A Passion for Exploration, 1890-1895 3 The National Zoo, Washington, D.C., 1895-1898 4 Joining the Survey: South Dakota, Texas, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, 1898-1901 5 First Chief of Party: Glacier National Park, Montana, 1901-1903 6 The China Expedition, 1903-1904 7 Mapping and Marriage: Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, 1904-1906 8 Distant Journeys: Alaska, Mexico, 1906-1907 9 Alaskan Summers, Washington Winters, 1907-1909 10 Topographer in Charge of the Alaskan Branch: Matanuska Valley and Kenai Peninsula, 1908-1911 11 Alaska's Matanuska Valley and Iliamna Bay, 1913-1914 Epilogue, 1915-1951 Alaska Today Glossary & Bibliography INDEX
- Author BiographyRufus Harvey Sargent was born in Sedgewick, Maine, in 1875, but his life and workwith the U.S. Geological Survey took him far from his home town on the coast. He explored and mapped some of the most remote parts of the world, including sections of Alaska and China that no one had ever set foot in. He completed the first aerial survey of Alaska in 1925-26, and in 1947 the Department of the Interior awarded Sargent its Medal for Distinguished Service. He died in 1951, in Washington, D.C.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.