All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title follows the campaigns of Marathon. When the Ionian Revolt broke out in 499 BC, Athens angered the Persians by sending assistance to the Greeks of Asia. Having crushed the revolt, the Persian king, Darius, decided to punish Athens and landed his forces at Marathon 26 miles from the city.
- Author BiographyNicholas Sekunda was born in 1953. After studying Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester University, he went on to take his Ph.D. in 1981. He has taken part in archaeological excavations in Poland, Iran and Greece, participated in a research project on ancient Persian warfare for the British institute of Persian Studies. He has published numerous books and academic articles, and is currently teaching at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology in Torun, Poland.
- Author(s)Nicholas Sekunda
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/10/2002
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 108
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note55 b&w and 31 colour illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight318 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.99
- £5.49Trending at £9.99
- £10.97Trending at £12.32
- £16.82Trending at £23.88
- £4.06Trending at £7.26
- £8.44Trending at £15.91
- £6.97Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.