All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.33Trending at £23.90
- £66.16Trending at £92.81
- £9.68Trending at £10.05
- £14.25Trending at £14.98
- £16.59Trending at £25.28
- £22.22Trending at £23.50
- £10.38Trending at £10.88
About this product
- DescriptionMarc Chagall (1887-1985) traversed a long route from a boy in the Jewish Pale of Settlement, to a commissar of art in revolutionary Russia, to the position of a world-famous French artist. This book presents a comprehensive collection of Chagall's public statements on art and culture.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Harshav is Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Professor of Hebrew and Comparative Literature at Yale University. Among his many books is Language in Time of Revolution (Stanford, 1999). Barbara Harshav is Lecturer in the department of Comparative Literature at Yale University. She has translated into English over 20 books of fiction and nonfiction in French, German, Hebrew and Yiddish, including The Labor of Life: Selected Plays by Hanoch Levin (Stanford 2003).
- Author(s)Benjamin Harshav
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2003
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleContraversions: Jews & other differences
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.