All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alex Lichtenstein,Rick Halpern
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2016
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note64 b&w illus.
- Weight771 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgmentsIntroduction Alex LichtensteinEssays1. South Africa at the Crossroads Rick Halpern2. From Cleveland to Johannesburg: Margaret Bourke-White's Journey to South Africa Alex LichtensteinPhotographs3. Afrikaners4. On the Mines5. On the Land6. Protest, Repression, and Resistance7. From Buchenwald to MorokaNotesIndex
- Author BiographyRick Halpern is the Bissell-Heyd Chair of American Studies at the University of Toronto. He is author of Down on the Killing Floor: Black and White Workers in Chicago's Packinghouses and other works on race and labor.Alex Lichtenstein is Associate Professor of History at Indiana University, Bloomington. He is author of Twice the Work of Free Labor: The Political Economy of Convict Labor in the New South.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.85
- £66.16Trending at £92.21
- £9.68Trending at £10.66
- £14.25Trending at £15.00
- £16.59Trending at £25.31
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £10.38Trending at £10.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.