All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.03
- £17.46Trending at £17.95
- £20.30Trending at £27.00
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £25.36Trending at £30.42
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, 103 black & white tables
- Weight1769 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byChoul-Gyun Lee,Se-Kwon Kim
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgments Editors Contributors Introduction to Marine Bioenergy Introduction to Marine Bioenergy; Panchanathan Manivasagan and Se-Kwon Kim Biofuel Sources Sources of Marine Biomass; Anong Chirapart, Jantana Praiboon, Rapeeporn Ruangchuay, and Masahiro Notoya Marine Algae: An Important Source of Bioenergy Production; Panchanathan Manivasagan, Jayachandran Venkatesan, and Se-Kwon Kim Significance of Harvesting in the Cultivation of Microalgae; K.K. Vasumathi, M. Premalatha, and P. Subramanian Algal Photobioreactors; Ozcan Konur Biotechnological Techniques in Marine Bioenergy Fermentation Techniques in Bioenergy Production; Geetanjali Yadav, Ramya Kumar, and Ramkrishna Sen Nanotechnological Techniques in Bioenergy Production; Kelvii Wei Guo Marine Microalgae: Exploring the Systems through an Omics Approach for Biofuel Production; Pavan P. Jutur and Asha A. Nesamma Systems Biology and Metabolic Engineering of Marine Algae and Cyanobacteria for Biofuel Production; Trunil Desai, Vaishali Dutt, and Shireesh Srivastava A Biorefinery Concept for a Microalgal Bioenergy Production System; Dheeraj Rathore, Poonam Singh Nigam, and Anoop Singh Production of Bioenergy Marine Macroalgal Biomass as a Renewable Source of Bioethanol; Nitin Trivedi, Vishal Gupta, C.R.K. Reddy, and Bhavanath Jha Current State of the Research on Algal Bioethanol; Ozcan Konur Seaweed Bioethanol Production: Its Potentials and Challenges; Maria Dyah Nur Meinita, Bintang Marhaeni, Gwi-Taek Jeong, and Yong-Ki Hong Bioethanol Production from Macroalgae and Microbes; Chae Hun Ra and Sung-Koo Kim Current State of Research on Algal Biomethane; Ozcan Konur Production of Biomethane from Marine Microalgae; Kurniadhi Prabandono and Sarmidi Amin Current State of Research on Algal Biomethanol; Ozcan Konur Microalgal Production of Hydrogen and Biodiesel; Kiran Paranjape and Patrick C. Hallenbeck Current State of Research on Algal Biohydrogen; Ozcan Konur Algal Biodiesel: Third-Generation Biofuel; Amita Jain, V.L. Sirisha, and Neetin Desai Biodiesel Production from Marine Macroalgae; Laura Bulgariu and Dumitru Bulgariu Current State of Research on Algal Biodiesel; Ozcan Konur Bioelectricity and Microbial Fuel Cells Bioelectricity Production by Marine Bacteria, Actinobacteria, and Fungi; K. Sivakumar, H. Ann Suji, and L. Kannan Current State of Research on Algal Bioelectricity and Algal Microbial Fuel Cells; Ozcan Konur Marine Microbial Fuel Cells; Valliappan Karuppiah and Zhiyong Li Marine Waste for Bioenergy Waste-Derived Bioenergy Production from Marine Environments; Kyoung C. Park and Patrick J. McGinn Algal Biosorption of Heavy Metals from Wastes; Ozcan Konur CDM Potential through Phycoremediation of Industrial Effluents; K. Sankaran, C. Naveen, K.K. Vasumathi, M. Premalatha, M. Vijayasekaran, and V.T. Somasundaram Commercialization and Global Market Commercialization of Marine Algae-Derived Biofuels; Anoop Singh, Poonam Singh Nigam, and Dheeraj Rathore Algal High-Value Consumer Products; Ozcan Konur Enhancing Economics of Spirulina platensis on a Large Scale; E.M. Nithiya, K.K. Vasumathi, and M. Premalatha Algal Economics and Optimization; Ozcan Konur Microalgal Hydrothermal Liquefaction: A Promising Way to Sustainable Bioenergy Production; Dong Ho Seong, Choul-Gyun Lee, and Se-Kwon Kim Index
- Author BiographySe-Kwon Kim is a distinguished professor in the Department of Marine-Bio Convergence Science and the director of the Marine Bioprocess Research Center at Pukyong National University, Busan, South Korea. He received his M.Sc and Ph.D from Pukyong National University, and conducted his postdoctoral studies at the Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. He has served as a visiting scientist at the Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Canada; president of the Korean Society of Chitin and Chitosan and the Korean Society of Marine Biotechnology; chairman of the 7th Asia-Pacific Chitin and Chitosan Symposium; and chief editor at the Korean Society of Fisheries and Aquatic Science. Widely published, Dr. Kim holds 76 patents and is a board member of the International Society of Marine Biotechnology and the International Society of Nutraceuticals and Functional Food. Choul-Gyun Lee is a professor in the Department of Biological Engineering at Inha University, Incheon, South Korea. He is also the director of the National Marine Bioenergy Research and Development Consortium funded by the Korean government, president of the Korean Society of Marine Biotechnology, chair of the Interdisciplinary Program on Future Energy Engineering, and head of the Institute of Industrial Biotechnology as well as the Lipidomics Research Center. He received his Ph.D from the Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, and worked on the Advance Life Support Team at NASA's John F. Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA before joining Inha University, where he has held a number of administrative positions. In addition, Dr. Lee has served as either an editorial board member or an associate editor for six different journals.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.