Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.05
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £9.65
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.87Trending at £16.59
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.51Trending at £4.99
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight631 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChris Keith,Dieter Roth
- Table Of ContentsTable of Contents Introduction Contributors PART ONE: MARK'S GOSPEL Chapter One: Is It as Bad as All That? : The Misconception of Mark as a Gospel Film Noir Holly J. Carey, Point University, USA Chapter Two: Early Christian Book Culture and the Emergence of the First Written Gospel Chris Keith, St Mary's University, UK Chapter Three: Jesus as God's Chief Agent in Mark's Christology Paul Owen, Montreat College, USA PART TWO: MANUSCRIPTS AND TEXTUAL CRITICISM Chapter Four: Mark, Manuscripts, and Paragraphs: Sense-Unit Divisions in Mark 14-16 Sean A. Adams, University of Edinburgh, UK Chapter Five: From Text-Critical Methodology to Manuscripts as Artefacts : A Tribute to Larry W. Hurtado Thomas J. Kraus, Independent Scholar Chapter Six: Origen's List of New Testament Books in Hom. Jos. 7.1: A Fresh Look Michael J. Kruger, Reformed Theological Seminary, USA Chapter Seven: i45 as Early Christian Artifact: Considering Staurogram and Punctuation in the Manuscript Dieter T. Roth, Johannes Gutenberg-Universitat Mainz, Germany Chapter Eight: i45 and Codex W in Mark Revisited Tommy Wasserman, Orebro School of Theology, Sweden PART THREE: MONOTHEISM AND EARLY JESUS-DEVOTION Chapter Nine: Who, What, and Why?: The Worship of the Firstborn in Hebrews 1:6 David M. Allen, The Queen's Foundation for Ecumenical Theological Education, UK Chapter Ten: Devotion to Jesus Christ in Earliest Christianity-An Appraisal and Discussion of the Work of Larry Hurtado Richard J. Bauckham, University of St Andrews, UK and University of Cambridge, UK Chapter Eleven: Hebrews and Wisdom Mary Ann Beavis, University of Saskatchewan, Canada Chapter Twelve, Christology, Martyrdom, and Vindication in the Gospel of Mark and the Apocalypse: Two New Testament Views Paul Middleton, University of Chester, UK Bibliography
- Author BiographyChris Keith is Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity and Director of the Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible at St. Mary's University College, Twickenham, UK. Dieter T. Roth is Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (Post-Doctoral Fellow) at Johannes Gutenberg-Universitat Mainz, Germany.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.