Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.99Trending at £60.00
- £26.97Trending at £27.35
- £7.15Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.36
- £8.20Trending at £8.98
- £13.37Trending at £18.93
- £10.79Trending at £13.29
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on extensive fieldwork in nine African countries, this volume offers different perspectives on the emerging markets for well-being. The chapters discuss how medical staff, patients and citizins navigate markets for health and healing.
- Author BiographyMarleen Dekker, PhD (2004), is a senior researcher in development economics at the African Studies Centre in Leiden. She has worked extensively on social networks and risk-coping strategies in Zimbabwe, Ethiopia and Togo. Rijk van Dijk, PhD (1992), is an anthropologist and senior researcher at the African Studies Centre in Leiden. His research focuses on the rise of new religious movements in Africa, particularly Pentecostalism, in relation to globalization and transnational connections.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight535 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byMarleen Dekker,Rijk Van Dijk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.