Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £68.30
- £6.01Trending at £6.95
- £56.74Trending at £68.99
- £18.13Trending at £19.99
- £22.88Trending at £27.90
- £37.19Trending at £44.05
- £16.28Trending at £20.29
About this product
- DescriptionThe public spaces and buildings of United States are home to many thousands of timepieces - time balls, and clock faces - that tower over urban streets, peek out from lobbies, and gleam in store windows. In this title, the author relates how the American preoccupation with time led people from across social classes to acquire watches and clocks.
- Author BiographyAlexis McCrossen is associate professor of history at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. She is the author of Holy Day, Holiday: The American Sunday and the editor of Land of Necessity: Consumer Culture in the United States - Mexico Borderlands.
- Author(s)Alexis McCrossen
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- GenreInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note66 halftones, 2 tables
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.