Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.13
- £9.51Trending at £9.74
- £16.29Trending at £19.08
- £4.00Trending at £4.70
- £4.51Trending at £4.97
- £10.15Trending at £13.44
- £4.49Trending at £4.75
About this product
- DescriptionBest-selling military historian Richard Holmes delivers an expertly written and exhilarating account of the life of John Churchill, Duke of Marlborough, Britain's finest soldier, who rose from genteel poverty to lead his country to glory, cementing its position as a major player on the European stage and saviour of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Author BiographyCelebrated military historian and television presenter Richard Holmes is famous for his BBC series 'Rebels and Redcoats' and 'Wellington'. He is the author of the best-selling and widely acclaimed 'Redcoat' and 'Tommy' and his dozen other books including 'The Western Front', 'Dusty Warriors' and 'Sahib'. He is general editor of the definitive 'Oxford Companion to Military History'. He taught military history at Sandhurst for many years and is now Professor at Cranfield University and the Royal Military College of Science. He lives near Winchester in Hampshire.
- Author(s)Richard Holmes
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/05/2008
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date27/04/2011
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps, geneal. table
- Weight942 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
Most relevant reviews
- marjmelvin03 Feb, 2014by
I bought this for a Xmas gift for my husband he has already read it over & over and has added it to his collection
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.