All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.68
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £7.42Trending at £9.99
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £10.16Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionJurists of the nascent Maliki, Hanafi, and Shafi'i legal schools frequently compared marriage to purchase and divorce to manumission. This title presents an analysis of how these jurists conceptualized marriage - its rights and obligations - using the same rhetoric of ownership used to describe slavery.
- Author BiographyKecia Ali is Assistant Professor of Religion at Boston University.
- Author(s)Kecia Ali
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.