CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £0.99Trending at £1.09
- £29.99Trending at £30.40
- £11.26Trending at £14.44
- £12.34Trending at £13.78
- £7.79Trending at £9.99
- £9.73Trending at £12.37
- £3.83Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionBring the 'dead famous' back to life! Discover exceptional figures from British history, and explore the society in which they lived.
- Author BiographyKay Barnham was born in Barrow-in-Furness, grew up in Carlisle, went to college in Brighton, and lived in Hove for a while, before sailing for Kinsale, Co Cork, popping back to Hove and then moving to the New Forest with her husband and daughter. And never at any point has she lived more than ten miles from the sea. She began working in children's publishing in 1992. She was an editor first of all, working on illustrated non-fiction and learning fun facts like how long it would take to walk to the moon - nine years - and how to spell palaeontology. Next, she commissioned fiction titles, editing picture books, storybooks and novels. And then she got the chance to write her own books, which she thinks is quite the best job ever. Except possibly being a chocolatier. She writes non-fiction as Kay Barnham. Her specialist subjects include ice-skating, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, lightning, fairies, Roald Dahl, Sir Isaac Newton, Christmas, dolphins, Florence Nightingale and very bad cracker jokes. And chocolate.She also writes fiction as Kay Woodward, including the Skate School series for Usborne and the novels Jane Airhead and Wuthering Hearts for Andersen Press. Altogether, she's written about a hundred books. Her favourite colour is navy blue. Her favourite chocolate is 85% cocoa solids.
- Author(s)Kay Barnham
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleHistory VIPS
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/09/2016
- Weight242 g
- Width197 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.