All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the relationship between masculinity and violence within the context of cultural change and escalating violence. This unique analysis links the growing sociological and psychological literature on masculinity with contemporary criminological research. The author focuses on: - A critical examination of the major biological, psychological, sociological, and anthropological models of masculinity and violence - Formulating an integrated theoretical approach to the relationship between violence and masculinity - Violence as a gendered activity - Representations of violence and masculinity in popular culture including cartoons, fiction, television and film. Masculine identity is not viewed as rigid, but as flexible and changeable. This position enables the author to take a completely fresh look at relations between power, privilege, and gender.
- Author(s)Suzanne E. Hatty
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/05/2000
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleSAGE Series on Violence against Women
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.