CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionDelivers an overview of mass communication research and a thorough exploration of each major approach - including qualitative research, content analysis, survey research, longitudinal research, and experimental research. This book provides expanded coverage of online research, impact of tablets on readership, new advertising channels, and more.
- Author BiographyRoger Wimmer received his Ph.D. in mass media research from Bowling Green State University in Ohio in 1976, although he has been involved in mass media research since 1972. His expansive experience includes serving as a sales representative at KLSS and KSMN, Mason City, Iowa, instructor at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, assistant professor at the University of Mississippi, associate professor at the University of Georgia, and manager of research for Cox Broadcasting in Atlanta, Ga. Prior to founding Wimmer Research, Dr. Wimmer was co-founder of Wimmer-Hudson Research & Development, president/CEO/co-founder of The Eagle Group, president/general partner/co-founder of Paragon Research, and president of Surrey Research. He has extensive radio industry experience as well as all areas of research for the television and cable television industries, including stations, networks, and programming production. He has developed several research approaches to test local news content, on-air talent, and promotional activities. In addition, Dr. Wimmer has several years of experience in nonmedia research, working with such clients as The Aquarium of the Pacific, Coors, U.S. West, and Samsonite. Joseph Dominick is a retired professor in the College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois and his Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1970. He taught for four years at Queens College of the City University of New York before going to the University of Georgia where, from 1980 to 1985, he served as the head of the Radio-TV-Film Sequence. The author or co-author of four additional books, Dr. Dominick also has published nearly 40 articles in scholarly journals. From 1976 to 1980, he served as the editor of the JOURNAL OF BROADCASTING. He has received research grants from the National Association of Broadcasters and from the American Broadcasting Company, and he has consulted for such organizations as the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the American Chemical Society.
- Author(s)Joseph R. Dominick,Roger D. Wimmer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight720 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement10th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.