Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £6.67Trending at £6.97
- £16.70Trending at £21.01
- £15.72Trending at £17.48
- £26.62Trending at £27.38
- £14.37Trending at £23.02
- £23.56Trending at £25.87
- £18.04Trending at £19.94
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for undergraduate students learning to develop cloud computing applications, this book introduces the principles of distributed and parallel computing underlying cloud architectures and specifically focuses on virtualization, thread programming, task programming, and map-reduce programming.
- Author BiographyDr. Rajkumar Buyya is a Fellow of IEEE, Professor of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Future Fellow of the Australian Research Council, and Director of the Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He is also serving as the founding CEO of Manjrasoft, a spin-off company of the University, commercializing its innovations in Cloud Computing. He has authored over 500 publications and four text books including Mastering Cloud Computing published by McGraw Hill, China Machine Press, and Elsevier/Morgan Kaufmann for Indian, Chinese and international markets respectively. He is one of the highly cited authors in computer science and software engineering worldwide. A Scientometric Analysis of Cloud Computing Literature by German scientists ranked Dr. Buyya as the World's Top-Cited (#1) Author and the World's Most-Productive (#1) Author in Cloud Computing. Software technologies for Grid and Cloud computing developed under Dr. Buyya's leadership have gained rapid acceptance and are in use at several academic institutions and commercial enterprises in 40 countries around the world. Dr. Buyya has led the establishment and development of key community activities, including serving as foundation Chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing and five IEEE/ACM conferences. These contributions and international research leadership of Dr. Buyya are recognized through the award of 2009 IEEE TCSC Medal for Excellence in Scalable Computing from the IEEE Computer Society TCSC. Manjrasoft's Aneka Cloud technology developed under his leadership has received 2010 Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award and recently Manjrasoft has been recognised as one of the Top 20 Cloud Computing companies by the Silicon Review Magazine. He served as the foundation Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. He is currently serving as Co-Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Software: Practice and Experience, which was established 40+ years ago. For further information on Dr.Buyya, please visit his cyberhome: www.buyya.com Christian Vecchiola is a research member at the IBM Research Lab Australia, located in Melbourne and Research Fellow at the School of Engineering, at the University of Melbourne. His areas of interest include technologies and infrastructures for a smarter planet, disaster management and resilience, cloud computing, and software engineering. Dr. S. Thamarai Selvi, Professor and Head of the Department of Information Technology at Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai, India
- Author(s)Rajkumar Buyya
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Weight960 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.