All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesign in Italy has always reflected the national identity of the Italians themselves: sexy, stylish, and innovative, and with more than a touch of audacity. No other country takes design so seriously, nor treats its leading practitioners with such reverence. This is an overview of the past two centuries in Italian design and manufacturing.
- Author BiographyMichele de Lucchi is a world famous product and furniture designer who was part of the Italian Memphis Group collective, famous for their highly acclaimed furniture collections. De Lucchi is known throughout the world for his radical and idiosyncratic designs for, among others, Artemide, Dada Cucine, Kartell, Matsushita, Poltrona Frau and Olivetti. Catharine Rossi is a context lecturer at the University of Edinburgh Design School who specializes in the study of Italian design. She is visiting lecturer at Sotheby's Institute of Art. She has worked on exhibitions at MoMA in New York and the V&A in London. Rossi also writes for design publications including Crafts and Domus.
- Author(s)Charlotte Fiell,Michele De Lucchi,Peter Fiell
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- GenreDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGoodman Books
- Content Note300 colour & b/w illustrations
- Weight1434 g
- Width218 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- bladerunner1wit...08 Jun, 2016by
Geat basic reference
The Fiells do it again, must have at least 10 of their books
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.64
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.13
- £18.33Trending at £23.99
- £7.25Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.