Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- Author(s)Mark Staniforth
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Springer Series in Underwater Archaeology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight404 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
- Table Of Contents1: Introduction. 1.1. Overview. 1.2. Immigrant Societies. 1.3. Dependent Colonies. 2:The Archaeology of the Event. 2.1. Introduction. 2.2. Archaeology, Anthropology and History. 2.3. On the Relationships between Things, Words and Ideas. 2.4. The Annales School. 2.5. The Archaeology of the Event. 3: Capitalism, Colonialism and Consumerism. 3.1. Introduction. 3.2. Capitalism. 3.3. Colonialism. 3.4. Consumerism. 4: Methods and Sources. 4.1. Introduction. 4.2. Material Culture. 4.3. Historical Documentation. 4.4. Images. 5: Port Jackson and the Wreck of Sydney Cove (1797). 5.1. Introduction. 5.2. Background - Port Jackson. 5.3. Background - Calcutta. 5.4. Historical Background - Sydney Cove. 5.5. The Archaeological Excavation of Sydney Cove. 5.6. The Cargo of Sydney Cove. 5.7. The Chinese Export Porcelain Cargo of Sydney Cove. 5.8. Chinese Export Porcelain in Australia. 5.9. Conclusion. 6: Port Phillip and the wreck of William Salthouse (1841). 6.1. Introduction. 6.2. Background - Port Phillip. 6.3. Background - Montreal. 6.4. Historical background - William Salthouse. 6.5. The archaeological excavation of William Salthouse. 6.6. The cargo of William Salthouse. 6.7. Conclusion. 7: The Swan River Colony and the wrecks of James Matthews (1841) and Eglinton (1852) 7.1. Introduction. 7.2. Background -- Swan River Colony. 7.3. Background -- London. 7.4. Historical background -- James Matthews. 7.5. The archaeological excavation of James Matthews. 7.6. The cargo of James Matthews. 7.7. Historical background -- Eglinton. 7.8. The archaeological excavation of Eglinton. 7.9. The cargo of Eglinton. 7.10. Conclusion. 8: The Meanings of Things. 9: Conclusion. References.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.