Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.30Trending at £28.98
- £27.92Trending at £30.59
- £26.50Trending at £28.79
- £13.15Trending at £15.63
- £25.67Trending at £27.77
- £23.42Trending at £30.00
- £23.65Trending at £26.08
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication06/02/2009
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Series TitleIntersections in Communications and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byProfessor Phillip Vannini
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Eugene Halton: Preface - Phillip Vannini: Introduction - Phillip Vannini: Material Culture Studies and the Sociology and Anthropology of Technology - Grant Kein: Actor-Network Theory: Translation as Material Culture - Trevor Pinch: The Social Construction of Technology (SCOT): The Old, the New, and the Nonhuman - Ian Woodward: Material Culture and Narrative: Fusing Myth, Materiality, and Meaning - Phillip Vannini: Material Culture and Technoculture as Interaction - Melanie Roustan: From Embodied Ethnography to the Anthropology of Material Culture: Gaming in the Field - Chaim Noy: On Driving a Car and Being a Family: An Autoethnography - Dylan Tutt/Jon Hindmarsh: The Screen Deconstructed: Video-Based Studies of the Malleable Screen - Tanfer Emin Tunc: Technologies of Consumption: The Social Semiotics of Turkish Shopping Malls - Ingrid Richardson/Amanda Third: Cultural Phenomenology and the Material Culture of Mobile Media - Ariane Hanemaayer: A Grounded Theory Approach to Engaging Technology on the Paintball Field - Chris Tilley: What Gardens Mean - Bryce Merrill: Making It, Not Making It: Creating Music in Everyday Life - Patrick Laviolette: The Death of the Clinic: Domestic Medical Sensoring - Tina Peterson: The Zapper and the Zapped: Microwave Ovens and the People Who Use Them.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Phillip Vannini is Associate Professor of Communication and Culture at Royal Roads University in Canada. He holds a Master of Arts in communication and a Ph.D. in sociology from Washington State University. Co-author of Understanding Society Through Popular Music (2009), and co-editor of Body/Embodiment: Symbolic Interactionism and the Sociology of the Body (2006) and Authenticity in Culture, Self, and Society (2009), Vannini has published over forty journal articles and book chapters on such topics as qualitative research methodology, material culture, the sociology of the body, technology, popular culture, and interactionist theory.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.