Consider these sponsored items
- £47.49Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrganized into 4 main themes: sustainability, user interaction, technology and selection, this book features thirty-four of the leading academicians and experts, alongside 8 professional designers, who come together to offer their expertise and insights on a number of topics common to materials and product design.
- Author BiographyDr. Karana is currently assistant professor in the department of Design Engineering at Delft University of Technology in The Netherlands and holds a Ph.D. in Industrial Design Engineering. She has presented her research at a number of international conferences and has run various workshops on the 'meanings of materials'. Dr. Karana is one of the founders of the Natural Fibre Composites (NFC) Design Platform in The Netherlands. Her current research and education interests include teaching materials in design and designing and manufacturing with bio-based materials. She is the developer and the coordinator of the Materials Library: Made Of. at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, TU Delft. Dr. Pedgley is associate professor of industrial design at Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey. He teaches courses in materials and design and is actively involved in three areas of research: materials and manufacturing for industrial design, designing interactions between people and things, and methods of conducting academic research through designing artefacts. he holds a Ph.D. in Industrial Design from Loughborough University, UK. Dr. Rognoli teaches courses in product development and materials for design within the department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano in Italy. Her current research interests include materials and design, expressivity and sensorality in materials for design, emotional design, design and neurosciences, and biomimicry.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication22/11/2013
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 150 illustrations (150 in full color); Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight850 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byElvin Karana,Owain Pedgley,Valentina Rognoli
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £6.79Trending at £9.01
- £17.71Trending at £19.95
- £17.18Trending at £19.99
- £14.89Trending at £23.04
- £10.77Trending at £14.02
- £4.76Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.