Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £13.83Trending at £19.89
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together information on automotive materials and material technologies to provide designers and vehicle body engineers with reference to inform their material choices. This book includes materials processing, formability, welding and joining, anti-corrosion technologies, and the implications of materials selection on these processes.
- Author BiographyFollowing 10 years with Richard Thomas and Baldwins Ltd. (now Corus) engaged mainly on research into sheet steel products destined for the automotive industry, a further 35 years was spent on materials technology focused on the car body. This included spells at The Pressed Steel Company, Austin-Morris, BL Technology, Rover and finally BMW UK. Experience included all aspects of material selection raging from sheet steel to aluminium and polymers together with a detailed knowlege of most processing aspects such as pressing, painting and welding. Corrosion prevention was a major feature of recent years and collaborative work with Oxford University helped optimise the use of zinc coated steels on current bodywork.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- GenreTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight940 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.