All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Binay Kanti Dutta
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2016
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note182 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables
- Weight1786 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Table Of ContentsArchitecture of Mathematical Models Introduction Classification of Mathematical Models in Chemical and Biological Engineering Models Resulting in Algebraic Equations: Lumped-Parameter, Steady-State Models Models Resulting in Ordinary Differential Equations: Initial Value Problems Models Resulting in Ordinary Differential Equations: Boundary Value Problems Models Resulting in Partial Differential Equations Model Equations in Non-Dimensional Form Concluding Comments Exercise Problems References Ordinary Differential Equations and Applications Introduction Review of Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations The Laplace Transform Technique Matrix Method of Solution of Simultaneous ODEs Concluding Comments Exercise Problems References Special Functions and Solutions of Ordinary Differential Equations with Variable Coefficients Introduction The Gamma Function The Beta Function The Error Function The Gamma Distribution Series Solution of Linear Second-Order ODEs with Variable Coefficients Series Solution of Linear Second-Order ODEs Leading to Special Functions Legendre Differential Equation and the Legendre Functions Hypergeometric Functions Concluding Comments Exercise Problems References Partial Differential Equations Introduction Common Second Order PDEs in Science and Engineering Boundary Value Problems Types of Boundary Conditions Techniques of Analytical Solution of a Second Order PDE Examples: Use of the Technique of Separation of Variables Solution of Non-Homogeneous PDEs Similarity Solution Moving Boundary Problems Principle of Superposition Green's Function Concluding Comments Exercise Problems References Integral Transforms Introduction Definition of an Integral Transform Fourier Transform Laplace Transform Application to Engineering Problems Concluding Comments Exercise Problems References Approximate Methods of Solution of Model Equations Introduction Order Symbols Asymptotic Expansion Perturbation Methods Concluding Comments Exercise Problems References Answers to Selected Exercise Problems Appendix A: Topics in Matrices Appendix B: Fourier Series Expansion and Fourier Integral Theorem Appendix C: Review of Complex Variables Appendix D: Selected Formulas and Identities; Dirac Delta Function and Heaviside Function Appendix E: Brief Table of Inverse Laplace Transforms Appendix F: Some Detailed Derivations View a List of Solved Examples.
- Author BiographyBinay Kanti Dutta is a former chairman of the West Bengal Pollution Control Board, Kolkata, India. He has been involved in research and teaching in chemical engineering since 1970. He has taught at the Regional Engineering College (now the National Institute of Technology), Durgapur, India; the University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India; the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada; the Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Perak, Malaysia; and the Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. He has also worked as a visiting scientist at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Boulder, Colorado, USA; the Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey, USA; and the Environmental Protection Agency, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. He is a former head of the Chemical Engineering Department and a former director of the Academic Staff College at the University of Calcutta. Professor Dutta has published extensively on transport processes, mathematical modeling, membranes separation, reaction engineering, and environmental engineering, and holds a number of US, European, and Malaysian patents. He is the author of Heat Transfer-Principles and Applications and Principles of Mass Transfer and Separation Processes. He also served as the 2005 president of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers.
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.