All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication05/12/2015
- Series TitleIndustrial and Applied Mathematics
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note60 Illustrations, color; 43 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 298 p. 103 illus., 60 illus. in color.
- Weight643 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAbul Hasan Siddiqi,Pammy Manchanda,Rashmi Bhardwaj
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2015
- Author BiographyABUL HASAN SIDDIQI, PhD, is a distinguished scientist and professor emeritus at School of Basic Sciences and Research at Sharda University, Greater Noida, India. He is also a visiting consultant at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) (Trieste, Italy), Sultan Qaboos University (Muscat, Oman), King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) (Dhahran, Saudi Arabia) and several other well-known universities of the world. He has a long association with ICTP (a UNESCO institution) in capacities of short-time visitor, long-duration visitor, senior associate, guests of the director, senior associate, ICTP visiting consultant to Turkey. He was awarded with the German Academic Exchange Fellowship thrice to carry out mathematical research in Germany. He has published more than 100 research papers jointly with his research collaborators, 5 books and edited proceedings of 9 international conferences, as well as supervised 29 PhD scholars. He is founder secretary of the Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ISIAM), which is celebrating its Silver Jubilee in January 2016. He is editor-in-chief of Indian Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, published by ISIAM and Industrial and Applied Mathematics, a book series with Springer. PAMMY MANCHANDA, PhD, is senior professor of mathematics at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India. She has published 44 research papers in several international journals of repute, edited 2 proceedings of international conferences of ISIAM and co-authored 3 books. She has attended and delivered talks and chaired sessions at reputed academic conferences and workshops across the world, including ICIAM (1999-2015) and ICM since 2002. She was invited twice to the Industrial Mathematics Group of Prof Helmut Neunzert, Kaiserslautern University, Germany, and visited International Centre for Theoretical Physics (a UNESCO institution) (Trieste, Italy) many times to carry out her research activities. She is the joint secretary of the Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ISIAM) since 1999 and has been actively engaged in organizing international conferences by the society. She is reviewer for Zentralblatt and referee for international journals of repute. She is managing editor of Indian Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics and member of editorial board of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, the Springer book series. RASHMI BHARDWAJ, PhD, is professor of mathematics, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi, India. She is also visiting associate of the Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA). With 24 years of research and 19 years' teaching experience, she was awarded the Young Scientist Award from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and has received the Best Researcher Award by GGSIPU thrice. She established the Nonlinear Dynamics Research Lab and Mathematics Lab in GGSIPU. She is the Delhi University topper in M.Sc., acquiring 100% marks in integral equation and boundary value problem . She has published over 80 research papers, 2 books and edited 1 proceedings of an international conference. She has supervised 10 PhD scholars and 5 research scholars are presently pursuing the PhD under her super-vision. In addition to being a referee for many international journals of repute and a life member of several international organizations in the sphere of mathematical sciences, she is managing editor of the Indian Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.