All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.53Trending at £6.94
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £10.75Trending at £13.89
- £10.87Trending at £12.44
About this product
- Author(s)Kjell A. Doksum,Peter J. Bickel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science
- Series Part/Volume Number119
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight1006 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Book and 1 Other digital carrier
- Table Of ContentsINTRODUCTION AND EXAMPLES Tests of Goodness of Fit and the Brownian Bridge Testing Goodness of Fit to Parametric Hypotheses Regular Parameters. Minimum Distance Estimates Permutation Tests Estimation of Irregular Parameters Stein and Empirical Bayes Estimation Model Selection TOOLS FOR ASYMPTOTIC ANALYSIS Weak Convergence in Function Spaces The Delta Method in Infinite Dimensional Space Further Expansions DISTRIBUTION-FREE, UNBIASED, AND EQUIVARIANT PROCEDURES Introduction Similarity and Completeness Invariance, Equivariance, and Minimax Procedures INFERENCE IN SEMIPARAMETRIC MODELS Estimation in Semiparametric Models Asymptotics. Consistency, and Asymptotic Normality Efficiency in Semiparametric Models Tests and Empirical Process Theory Asymptotic Properties of Likelihoods. Contiguity MONTE CARLO METHODS The Nature of Monte Carlo Methods Three Basic Monte Carlo Methods The Bootstrap Markov Chain Monte Carlo Applications of MCMC to Bayesian and Frequentist Inference NONPARAMETRIC INFERENCE FOR FUNCTIONS OF ONE VARIABLE Introduction Convolution Kernel Estimates on R Minimum Contrast Estimates: Reducing Boundary Bias Regularization and Nonlinear Density Estimates Confidence Regions Nonparametric Regression for One Covariate PREDICTION AND MACHINE LEARNING Introduction Classification and Prediction Asymptotic Risk Criteria Oracle Inequalities Performance and Tuning via Cross Validation Model Selection and Dimension Reduction Topics Briefly Touched and Current Frontiers APPENDIX D: SUPPLEMENTS TO TEXT APPENDIX E: SOLUTIONS REFERENCES INDICES Problems and Complements appear at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyPeter J. Bickel is a professor emeritus in the Department of Statistics and a professor in the Graduate School at the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Bickel is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the National Academy of Sciences. He has been a Guggenheim Fellow and MacArthur Fellow, a recipient of the COPSS Presidents' Award, and president of the Bernoulli Society and the Institute of Mathematical Statistics. He holds honorary doctorate degrees from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and ETH Zurich. Kjell A. Doksum is a senior scientist in the Department of Statistics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His research encompasses the estimation of nonparametric regression and correlation curves, inference for global measures of association in semiparametric and nonparametric settings, the estimation of regression quantiles, statistical modeling and analysis of HIV data, the analysis of financial data, and Bayesian nonparametric inference.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.