Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.16
- £9.24Trending at £11.01
- £24.56Trending at £26.13
- £26.45Trending at £27.94
- £19.99Trending at £24.15
- £29.50Trending at £30.61
- £18.40Trending at £20.01
About this product
- DescriptionJudith Gersting's text has long been acclaimed for its clear presentation of essential concepts and it's exceptional range of applications relevant to computer science majors. The seventh edition contains over 200 new examples and exercises, updated to demonstrate the role that mathematics and computer science plays in a wide range of disciplines.
- Author BiographyJudith Gersting received her undergraduate degree in mathematics from Stetson University, USA. Her master's and PhD in mathematics are from Arizona State University. She taught mathematics and, later, computer science at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, where she was the first chair of the newly formed Computer and Information Science Department. She was a Staff Scientist at the Indianapolis Center for Advanced Research for two years, and also spent a year as the Assistant Chair of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Central Florida. After many years at IUPUI, she and her husband, John Gersting, left IUPUI to go to the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the University of Hawaii at Hilo on the Big Island. Here Prof. Gersting served as department chair for many more years, and was awarded the University of Hawaii Regents Medal for Excellence in Teaching. She and her husband have recently retired from UHH and are back as Adjunct Professors at IUPUI teaching two classes per semester. Prof. Gersting has been active in SIGCSE (the ACM Special Interest Group in Computer Science Education), and she was the co-chair of the SIGCSE Technical Symposium in 2002. She has received NSF computer science education grants and has served on NSF grant review panels in computer science education. She is the author of several college-level textbooks in mathematics and computer science, including co-author with G. Michael Schneider of the introductory text Invitation to Computer Science, published by Course Technology.
- Author(s)Judith L. Gersting
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Weight1885 g
- Width210 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.