Mathematicians on Creativity by Peter Borwein, Helen Zhai, Peter Liljedahl (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £16.53+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £5.20Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by musicmagpie
- Est. delivery by 24 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.97
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionA book that compiles together reflections on creativity from many of the world's top mathematicians, ideal for browsing.
- Author BiographyPeter Borwein is the founding Project Leader and currently an Executive Co-Director of The IRMACS Centre. He is a Burnaby Mountain Chair at Simon Fraser University and has been a professor in the Mathematics Department since 1993 when he moved from Dalhousie University. He is also an Adjunct Professor in Computing Science. His research interests span various aspects of mathematics and computer science, health and criminology modelling and visualization. Peter Liljedahl is an Associate Professor of Mathematics Education in the Faculty of Education, an associate member in the Department of Mathematics, and co-director of the David Wheeler Institute for Research in Mathematics Education at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada. His research interests are creativity, insight, and discovery in mathematics teaching and learning; the role of the affective domain on the teaching and learning of mathematics; the professional growth of mathematics teachers; mathematical problem solving; and numeracy. Helen Zhai graduated with a BSc in Mathematics and BEd from Simon Fraser University. She has received undergraduate NSERC grants, one of which initiated her collaboration with Peter Borwein and Peter Liljedahl in their work on creativity in mathematics teaching and learning.
- Author(s)Helen Zhai,Peter Borwein,Peter Liljedahl
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleSpectrum
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine151 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.