All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.95Trending at £50.50
- £17.02Trending at £27.42
- £14.29Trending at £16.69
- £16.95Trending at £17.17
- £10.06Trending at £12.50
- £8.15Trending at £9.05
- £11.75Trending at £17.10
About this product
- Author(s)Frank R. Spellman
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction The 411 on Mathematics Dimensional Analysis Basic Units of Measurement and Conversions Setting the Stage Units of Measurement Conversion Factors Conversions Wire-to-Water Calculations Advanced Units of Measurement and Conversions Sequence of Operations Sequence of Operations Rules Sequence of Operations Examples Fractions, Decimals, and Percent Fractions Decimals Percent Rounding and Significant Digits Rounding Numbers Determining Significant Figures Powers of Ten and Exponents Rules Powers Examples Averages (Arithmetic Mean) and Median Averages Median Solving for the Unknown Math Rules of Operation Equations Axioms Solving Equations Checking the Answer Setting Up Equations Summary of Key Points Ratios and Proportions Ratios Proportions Working with Ratios and Proportions Electrical Calculations Electrical Circuits and Power Series DC Circuit Characteristics Parallel DC Circuits Circumference, Area, and Volume Perimeter and Circumference Area Volume Area Examples Volume Examples Force, Pressure, Head, and Velocity Calculations Force and Pressure Head Velocity Force, Pressure, Head, and Velocity Examples Mass Balance and Measuring Plant Performance Mass Balance for Settling Tanks Mass Balance Using BOD Removal Measuring Plant Performance Plant Performance/Efficiency Unit Process Performance and Efficiency Percent Volatile Matter Reduction in Sludge Pumping Calculations Basic Water Hydraulics Calculations Basic Pumping Calculations Positive-Displacement Pumps Pumping Examples Water Source and Storage Calculations Water Source Calculations Water Storage Water Storage Calculations Copper Sulfate Dosing Water/Wastewater Laboratory Calculations Faucet Flow Estimation Service Line Flushing Time Composite Sampling Calculation (Proportioning Factor) Biochemical Oxygen Demand Calculations Moles and Molarity Normality Settleability (Activated Biosolids Solids) Settleable Solids Biosolids Total Solids, Fixed Solids, and Volatile Solids Wastewater Suspended Solids and Volatile Suspended Solids Biosolids Volume Index and Biosolids Density Index Chemical Dosage Calculations Laboratory Examples Basic Mathemathics Practice Problems Basic Math Operations Fundamental Water/Wastewater Operations Appendix. Solutions to Chapter 17 Problems Index
- Author BiographyFrank R. Spellman, PhD, is a retired assistant professor of environmental health at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, and the author of more than 90 books covering topics ranging from concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) to all areas of environmental science and occupational health. He consults on homeland security vulnerability assessments for critical infrastructures, including water/wastewater facilities, and conducts audits for Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency inspections throughout the country. Dr. Spellman lectures on sewage treatment, water treatment, and homeland security, as well as on safety topics, throughout the country and teaches water/wastewater operator short courses at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.