Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book expands the landscape of research in mathematics education by analyzing how the body influences mathematical thinking.
- Author BiographyElizabeth de Freitas is an associate professor at the Ruth S. Ammon School of Education at Adelphi University. She is the co-editor of Opening the Research Text: Critical Insights and In(ter)ventions into Mathematics Education (2008) and an associate editor of the journal Educational Studies in Mathematics. Nathalie Sinclair is an associate professor in the Faculty of Education, an associate member in the Department of Mathematics and a Canada Research Chair in Tangible Mathematics Learning at Simon Fraser University. She is also an associate editor of For the Learning of Mathematics. She is the author of Mathematics and Beauty: Aesthetic Approaches to Teaching Children (2006) and Developing Essential Understanding of Geometry for Teaching Mathematics (2012), among other books.
- PrizesShort-listed for Innovations in Curriculum Studies, Division B Outstanding Book Award, American Educational Research Association 2015.
- Author(s)Elizabeth de Freitas,Nathalie Sinclair
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLearning in Doing: Social, Cognitive and Computational Perspectives
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note65 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.16
- £23.53Trending at £23.86
- £18.29Trending at £22.03
- £21.69Trending at £22.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
- £22.69Trending at £24.33
- £20.52Trending at £22.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.