All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.02Trending at £23.30
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £40.95
- £42.67Trending at £47.55
- £19.49Trending at £21.01
- £36.74Trending at £40.49
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
About this product
- Author(s)John Haigh
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/01/2016
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 Tables, color; 22 Tables, black and white; 14 Illustrations, color; 2 Illustrations, black and white; IX, 159 p. 16 illus., 14 illus. in color.
- Weight273 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of ContentsMoney.- Differential Equations.- Sport and Games.- Business Applications.- Social Sciences.- TV Game Shows.
- Author BiographyJohn Haigh set up the module Mathematics In Everyday Life at Sussex University in 2005, in response to a desire to show First Year students some of the areas where their mathematical skills and knowledge could provide useful insight, and to give them practice in applying the mathematics they were learning on other modules. This book has the benefit of feedback from several cohorts of students. John has also written the well-received Popular Science book Taking Chances and, with Rob Eastaway, The Hidden Mathematics of Sport .
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.