All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book follows the lives and careers of two Jewish boxers, Max Baer and Barney Ross. Fighting in the 1920s and 1930s when anti-Semitism was rampant, American Jews found symbols of strength and courage in these two world champions. This book provides a vivid picture of Baer and Ross as they fought opponents in the ring and prejudice outside it.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Sussman is the author of ten non-fiction books, as well as numerous articles and short stories about boxing. He is a regular writer for the premier boxing website www.boxing.com. Sussman is the president of a public relations and marketing firm based in New York City (www.powerpublicity.com).
- Author(s)Jeffrey Sussman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- GenreBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note2 Tables, unspecified; 10 Halftones, black and white
- Weight481 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.59Trending at £4.76
- £4.69Trending at £6.98
- £4.45Trending at £6.97
- £5.73Trending at £6.29
- £8.00Trending at £8.13
- £6.24Trending at £6.70
- £3.79Trending at £6.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.