Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis work explores the Maya of Yucatan, of academic institutions and the Maya tourist industry. It examines the interplay between the local and the external, academic categories of the Maya, and seeks to transcend the relationship between the social spaces that breathe life into the categories.
- Author BiographyPeter Hervik has a PhD in social anthropology from the University of Copenhagen, Denmark, and has taught at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Currently he is researching the Danish response to emerging multiculturalism. Hervik is the Editor of Folk-the Journal of the Danish Ethnographic Society.
- Author(s)Peter Hervik
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2002
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.