Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.48Trending at £9.06
- £6.61Trending at £6.87
- £9.60Trending at £13.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.22
- £6.54Trending at £6.87
- £9.91Trending at £13.08
- £5.54Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the structure and mechanics of ageing soft tissues, encompassing a range of tissues including skin, tendons and vasculature. It provides an overview of in vivo and in vitro measurement techniques including state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Author BiographyDr Riaz Akhtar is a lecturer in Biomedical Engineering at University of Liverpool. His research focuses on the micromechanical behavior of biological tissues, in particular relating mechanical changes with age and disease. Dr Akhtar has a Ph.D in the micromechanical behavior of bone and for a number of years has focused on using novel techniques to characterize soft tissues such as blood vessels and skin. He held a British Heart Foundation research fellowship which addressed clinically relevant cardiovascular problems such as age-related vascular stiffening using materials science tools and techniques. Professor Brian Derby is a Professor of Materials Science at The University of Manchester. He has led a number of large research programs focused on the mechanical properties of aging tissues including a GBP1 million grant as part of the major, cross-council initiative supporting multi-disciplinary Lifelong Health and Wellbeing Initiative. His work has pioneered new methods for accurately characterizing the mechanical properties of soft tissues with techniques such as scanning acoustic microscopy and nanoindentation. He is the editor of the Springer 'Engineering Materials and Processes' series.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication10/09/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEngineering Materials and Processes
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight427 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byBrian Derby,Riaz Akhtar
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.