CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.99Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.62Trending at £9.93
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/1985
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleNATO ASI Series A: Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number80
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight634 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlan Bennett
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
- Table Of ContentsAnatomy of the gastrointestinal tract in relation to motility and secretion.- Techniques for studying gastrointestinal motility in vitro.- Motility: Methods for in vivo measurements.- Smooth muscle electrophysiology.- Electrophysiological studies of myenteric neurons in tissue culture.- Gastrointestinal nerves, hormones and autacoids in relation to human gastrointestinal motility.- Distribution of gut peptides and their actions.- Histamine and the digestive functions.- Relationships of prostaglandins to gastrointestinal motility and secretion.- Gallbladder motility and its regulation.- Histopathological findings relating to disordered motility and secretion.- Neuro-hormonal control of gastric acid secretion: The role of histamine.- Gastrointestinal mucus.- Intestinal absorption and secretion of fluid and electrolytes.- Gallbladder fluid transport.- Relationships among intestinal motility, transit and absorption.- The entero-insular axis.- Neuro-hormonal control of exocrine pancreatic secretion in humans and animals.- Acute and chronic actions of alcohol on pancreatic exocrine secretion in humans and animals.- Dopamine antagonists as anti-emetics and as stimulants of gastric motility.- Mechanisms by which metoclopramide can increase gastrointestinal motility.- Laxatives: A review of their mechanisms of action.- Lectures.- Participants.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.