All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £68.29
- £22.88Trending at £27.89
- £6.01Trending at £6.95
- £56.74Trending at £69.00
- £16.28Trending at £20.28
- £37.19Trending at £43.99
- £18.23Trending at £19.98
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a comprehensive overview of the challenges, risks and options facing the future of mechatronics, this book provides insights into how these issues are currently assessed and managed.
- Author BiographyPeter Hehenberger: Dr. Peter Hehenberger is Assistant Professor and Deputy Head at the Institute of Mechatronic Design and Production of the Johannes Kepler University of Linz (JKU), Austria. He received his Diploma degree and his Doctorate degree in Mechatronics from JKU in 2000 and 2004, respectively. His core competencies cover Model-based Mechatronic System Design and include mechatronic design, systems engineering, design processes and model-based design methods. He has published over 70 peer-reviewed papers in international journals and conference proceedings and been guest editor for two journal special issues. Since 2016 he is member of the Editorial Board of the IFAC Journal Mechatronics. In addition, he authored and co-authored 3 books related to this field. He is presently member of the Scientific Network of Linz Center of Mechatronics (LCM), Austria and leads several international research projects related to the research area Process Modelling and Mechatronic Design at the LCM. Furthermore Peter Hehenberger is one of the initiators of SmaPro ( SmaPro Smart Production: Machine data analysis and interpretation in production ), a qualification network for the future challenges of Industry 4.0 together with 13 partners - four academic partners, four small and mid-size companies as well as five large companies. He holds lectures to the topics product development, model-based systems engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronic design, computer aided design, simulation and manufacturing. Among other scientific service activities Peter Hehenberger organizes the International Workshop Series on Mechatronic Design (Linz 2012, Paris 2013, Leuven 2014, Milano 2015, Paris 2016). Refers to his research area Mechatronic Design he is active member of IFIP WG5.1 ( Global Product development for the whole life-cycle ), IFAC Technical Committee TC 4.2 Mechatronic Systems and Design Society, where he co-chairs a Special Interest Group (SIG) on Methodologies for Design, Integration, Modelling and Simulation of Cyber Physical Systems. He is also member of VDI and ASME. Between Feb and Apr 2015 he was invited as Visiting Professor at the Universite de Technologie de Compiegne, Departement Genie des Systemes Mecaniques, France David Bradley:As one of the 3 founder members of the Mechatronics Forum, David Bradley has been working in the field of mechatronics for over 25 years encompassing research into areas including machine based intelligence, smart systems, design of mechatronic (and other) systems and system modelling with applications ranging from construction robotics to eHealth. He is currently involved in projects to develop advanced prostheses for the lower limb and the assessment of the impact of Internet of Things related technologies on human based systems. In addition, he has acted as a consultant or adviser on mechatronic course development in Singapore, South Africa and Colombia and has been a guest lecturer or visitor in various countries. He was a contributing editor (with Dr David Russell) of the companion volume Mechtronics in Action as well as being the lead author on two other mechatronics textbooks.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication11/06/2016
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note10 Tables, color; 40 Illustrations, color; 47 Illustrations, black and white; XXIII, 259 p. 87 illus., 40 illus. in color.
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byDavid Bradley,Peter Hehenberger
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.