All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £8.99Trending at £9.24
- £5.52Trending at £6.63
About this product
- DescriptionGuides students through an extensive body of research on the effects of mass media in order to provide them with an in-depth understanding of how the media influences individuals and society.
- Author BiographyW. James Potter, professor at the University of California at Santa Barbara, holds one PhD in Communication Studies and another in Instructional Technology. He has been teaching media courses for more than two decades in the areas of effects on individuals and society, content narratives, structure and economics of media industries, advertising, journalism, programming, and production. He has served as editor of the Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media and is the author of many journal articles and books, including the following: Media Effects, The 11 Myths of Media Violence, Becoming a Strategic Thinker: Developing Skills for Success, On Media Violence, Theory of Media Literacy: A Cognitive Approach, and How to Publish Your Communication Research (with Alison Alexander).
- Author(s)W. James Potter
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/03/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.