All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMedia Literacies: A Critical Introduction traces the history of media literacy and grapples with the fresh challenges posed by the convergent media of the 21st century. The book provides a much-needed guide to what it means to be literate in today s media-saturated environment.
- Author BiographyMichael Hoechsmann is Associate Professor and Chair of Education Programs at Lakehead University, Orillia. He is co-author of Reading Youth Writing: New' Literacies, Cultural Studies and Education (2008), and the former Director of Education of Young People's Press, a youth-oriented non-profit news service. Stuart Poyntz is Assistant Professor in the School of Communication at Simon Fraser University, and the former Director of Education at Pacific Cinematheque, Western Canada's leading film institute. He has published articles in the Review of Education, Pedagogy and Cultural Studies, Sociology Compass, the Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, the Canadian Journal of Education, Taboo: The Journal of Culture and Education, and various edited collections.
- Author(s)Michael Hoechsmann,Stuart Poyntz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.