Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.32
- £40.35Trending at £41.19
- £30.00Trending at £43.08
- £18.73Trending at £19.67
- £30.00Trending at £31.97
- £16.27Trending at £16.46
- £30.19Trending at £33.24
About this product
- DescriptionLatest edition of this essential guide to decoding messages in a media-saturated world. Updated with new examples throughout, this captivating book offers a plan of action for gaining a clearer perspective on the borders between the real and the simulated media worlds, helping students to become responsible media consumers.
- Author BiographyW. James Potter, professor at the University of California at Santa Barbara, holds one PhD in Communication Studies and another in Instructional Technology. He has been teaching media courses for more than two decades in the areas of effects on individuals and society, content narratives, structure and economics of media industries, advertising, journalism, programming, and production. He has served as editor of the Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media and is the author of many journal articles and books, including the following: Media Effects, The 11 Myths of Media Violence, Becoming a Strategic Thinker: Developing Skills for Success, On Media Violence, Theory of Media Literacy: A Cognitive Approach, and How to Publish Your Communication Research (with Alison Alexander).
- Author(s)W. James Potter
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date11/03/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.