All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.75Trending at £48.78
- £26.98Trending at £28.45
- £108.12Trending at £157.09
- £14.41Trending at £15.87
- £10.18Trending at £12.19
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
- £22.72Trending at £30.00
About this product
- DescriptionPresents trends and potential future developments by leading researchers in immersive media production, delivery, rendering and interaction. This book considers the complete production, processing and distribution chain that illustrating the dependencies and the relationship between different components.
- Author BiographyOliver Schreer, Fraunhofer Heinrich-Hertz-Institut, Berlin, Germany Dr. Schreer is Scientific Project Manager of the Immersive Media & 3D Video Group in the Image Processing Department at HHI, Berlin. He is responsible for the lead of European Research projects (e.g. FascinatE project) and coordinating research on 3D video processing and immersive media. Graham Thomas, BBC Research & Development, London, UK Dr. Thomas is Principal Research Engineer and Section Lead of the Production Magic department at BBC R&D. He leads a team of engineers developing 3D image processing and graphics techniques for TV production. His work has led to many commercial products, e.g. the Piero sports graphics system, which won a Queen s Award in 2011. He holds 20 patents and is Visiting Professor at University of Surrey. Ben Shirley, University of Salford, UK Ben Shirley is Senior Lecturer at the University of Salford and Academic Lead for the Digital Innovation Cluster in the University s College of Science & Technology at MediaCityUK. He has been principal investigator for a range of broadcast related research projects including leading Salford s work in the EU FascinatE project. He teaches audio technology and broadcast engineering at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Georg Thallinger, Joanneum Research, Graz, Austria Dr. Thallinger is Head of the research group Audiovisual Media at JOANNEUM RESEARCH, Austria. He oversees a group active in the field of digital media with a focus on video and image processing as well as metadata for applications in media production and archiving, film restoration, media monitoring and security. Dr. Thallinger is involved in the EU FascinatE project. Jean-Francois Macq, Alcatel-Lucent, Antwerp, Belgium Dr. Macq is a Senior Research Engineer at Bell Labs, the research organization of Alcatel-Lucent. He has been responsible for several national and international research projects in the field of video coding and delivery, currently including the EU FascinatE project. Javier Ruiz-Hidalgo, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona, Spain Dr. Ruiz-Hidalgo is an Associate Professor at the Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya. He has been involved in various European Projects as a principal researcher from the Image Processing Group at UPC, including the EU FascinatE project. Omar Niamut, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), Delft, The Netherlands Dr. Niamut is a Senior Research Scientist in the Media Networks and Services Group at TNO. He has advised the European Parliament on the harmonization of mobile TV and was editor of the technology report on mobile TV in the European Commission-assigned European Mobile Broadcast Council. He participated in ETSI TISPAN standardization with over 200 contributions on interactive services for next generation IPTV and advised the Singapore government on the use of IPTV standards. He has been involved in a number of European projects, including the Fascinate project. Dr. Niamut holds 15 patents.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight764 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBen Shirley,Georg Thallinger,Javier Ruiz-Hidalgo,Jean-Francois Macq,Oliver Schreer,Omar Aziz Niamut,Thomas Graham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.