All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook discusses medical decision making under uncertainty, combining informative test theory with the expected utility hypothesis. Readers will learn how the parameters of Bayes' theorem can be combined with a value function of health states to arrive at informed test and treatment decisions.
- Author BiographyStefan Felder is a Full Professor of Health Economics at the Department of Business and Economics of the University of Basel, Switzerland. He studied economics and sociology, and received his Ph.D. and his venia docendi from the University of Bern, Switzerland. He worked and taught at the University of Western Ontario, Canada (1990/92), the University of Zurich, Switzerland (1992/1996), and the University of Fribourg, Switzerland (1993/95), before joining the Faculties of Medicine and Economics at the University of Magdeburg, Germany, in 1997. Between 2008 and 2011, he was Professor of Economics at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, and from 2011 to 2015, Director of the German Health Economic Research Centre CINCH in Essen, Germany. He is currently the Executive Secretary of the European Health Economic Association and President-elect of the German Association of Health Economics. Thomas Mayrhofer is Professor of Economics at Stralsund University of Applied Sciences, Stralsund, Germany, and Instructor at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School of Harvard University, Boston, USA. He studied economics at the University of Magdeburg, Germany, and received his Ph.D. in economics at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. Before becoming a professor in Stralsund, he worked at the German Health Economic Research Centre CINCH in Essen, Germany, and at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School of Harvard University, Boston, USA.
- Author(s)Stefan Felder,Thomas Mayrhofer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/04/2017
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note64 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.98
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £9.21Trending at £12.36
- £9.69Trending at £13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.