Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £27.18
- £137.64Trending at £152.38
- £22.36Trending at £24.35
- £25.99Trending at £26.36
- £42.34Trending at £46.11
- £39.38Trending at £46.01
- £10.33Trending at £11.41
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a wide-ranging guide to the diagnosis and management of the numerous medical and surgical complications that may arise in patients with sickle cell anemia.
- Author BiographyAhmed Al-Salem is a consultant pediatric surgeon who for many years has been interested in sickle cell anemia and its complications. He has worked at Qatif Central Hospital and the Maternity and Children's Hospital in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, an area known to have a high incidence of sickle cell anemia. Dr. Al-Salem has published more than 260 papers and written three books; 46 of his publications have been related to sickle cell anemia. Dr. Al-Salem received his medical degree (MBBS) from King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia in 1981 and was top of his class. He was awarded a certificate as one of the best graduates of the Colleges of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In 1985, he was awarded a prize by the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland as the best candidate in the Primary FRCSI Examination. He continued his training in general surgery and pediatric surgery and in 1987 he received his fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland. He is also a fellow of both the American College of Surgeons and the International College of Surgeons. Dr. Al-Salem has served as a member of the Scientific Committee of the Saudi Board of Pediatric Surgery and chairman of the Training and Hospital Recognition Committee. He is also a member of the Arab Association of Pediatric Surgeons, the Asian Association of Pediatric Surgeons, the British Association of Pediatric Surgeons, the Examination Committee of the Saudi Board of Pediatric Surgery, and the Saudi Scientific Pediatric Surgery Association. He is on the editorial board of several journals and also a reviewer for several journals.
- Author(s)Ahmed H. Al-Salem
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note99 Illustrations, color; 206 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 349 p. 305 illus., 99 illus. in color.
- Weight747 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.