All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an introduction to the amazing finds of garments from the Norse settlement of Herjolfnes in Greenland. This title features chapters on technique - production of the thread, dyeing, weaving techniques, cutting and sewing.
- Author(s)Anna Norgard,Else Ostergard,Lilli Fransen
- PublisherAarhus University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationAarhus
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintAarhus University Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight1060 g
- Width320 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- xnienabjad06 Oct, 2011by
Fine Danish museum work
Excellent collection of clothing discovered in Norse Greenland with patterns for their reproduction.
- 300776589@delet...22 Jul, 2011by
Wonderful insight into the construction of norse clothing.
This is a beautiful book that gives insight into the context of the norse clothing found so far and their construction. You have all the instructions and plans you need to make completely authentic garments yourself if you want to. The plans are very clear. The pictures are lovely. I'm looking forward to making one!
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.18Trending at £5.98
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.24Trending at £25.00
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.21
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £10.09Trending at £10.47