All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)C. H. Lawrence
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe Medieval World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Table Of Contents1. The call of the desert.2. The rule of St Benedict.3. Wandering saints and princely patrons.4. England and the continent.5. The emperor and the rule.6. The age of cluny.7. The cloister and the world.8. The quest for the primitive.9. The Cistercian model10. The new monasticism versus the old.11. A new kind of knighthood.12. Sister or handmaids.13. The Friars.14. Epilogue: The individual and the community.
- Author BiographyC.H. Lawrence is Professor Emeritus of the University of London, UK. His previous publications include St Edmund of Abingdon (1960); Matthew Paris and St Edmund (1996); The Friars: The Impact of the Mendicant Orders on Medieval Society (2001) and The Letters of Adam March (ed. and translated 2006-10).
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.