All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren have gone to school in England since Roman times. By the end of the middle ages, there were hundreds of schools, supporting a highly literate society. This book traces their history from the Romans to the Renaissance, showing how they developed, what they taught, how they were run and who attended them.
- Author BiographyNicholas Orme is professor of history, University of Exeter. He has published extensively on medieval religious, cultural, literary, and social history, especially the history of education.
- Author(s)Nicholas Orme
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note50 b-w + 30 color illus.
- Weight1360 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.72
- £25.51Trending at £37.24
- £13.28Trending at £14.40
- £8.50Trending at £10.50
- £19.20Trending at £29.96
- £9.66Trending at £14.94
- £11.79Trending at £16.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.