Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £32.00Trending at £33.75
- £16.78Trending at £22.84
- £37.19Trending at £44.34
- £13.77Trending at £14.88
- £27.56Trending at £29.91
- £22.60Trending at £35.11
- £17.42Trending at £20.29
About this product
- DescriptionBiographical sketches provide insight into the lives and accomplishments of twenty men and women whose works profoundly shaped the era's scientific spirit. Eleven annotated key primary documents afford a fascinating glimpse into how the best minds of the time posed their questions and their answers.
- Author BiographyELSPETH WHITNEY is Associate Professor of History at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is the author of Paradise Restored: The Mechanical Arts from Antiquity through the 13th Century (1990), and she has published articles in Annals of Scolarship, Medieval Latin Studies, Journal of Women's History, and Women in Medieval Culture.
- Author(s)Elspeth Whitney
- Date of Publication30/10/2004
- GenreInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Series TitleGreenwood Guides to Historic Events of the Medieval World
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight595 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.